Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pro-Life Editorial

Editorial: My Heated E-Mail exchange with a Pro-life Doctor

An excerpt:

The Doctor:

“That no one calling themselves Catholics should vote for anyone who supports baby killing. That Catholics can control any election if only Catholics ceased voting for members of the Democratic Party, which has in their party platform a clause that supports the killing of unborn children”.

My Response:

On this, I am in substantial agreement. It is obvious that the Doctor has not read much of what I have written over these many years. Even a cursory reading of my writings would make it very clear that I am disillusioned with the Democratic Party on issues of life and marriage.

However, I am also aware of the growth of groups like “Democrats for Life” who seek to return that Party, which once prided itself on hearing the cry of the poor, back to its roots in order to move forward.

The Democratic Party was stolen by the current leadership. I long for the day when Democrats,along with Republicans, recognize our youngest neighbors,children in the womb, as having not only a right to be born but a right to live a full life until natural death.

In other words, I long for the day when we live in a Nation where both major Parties accept the truth that killing innocent children in the womb is intrinsically evil and they make it illegal. Perhaps then we could have a true debate over many, many other vital issues.


I don't believe the Democratic Party will ever be redeemed. The Republican Party, otoh, can be saved, if politicians like Giuliani are driven out (remember he was once a Democrat). It will take time, but it can be done.