Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pregnant Woman Who "Miscarried" Told Her Baby Is Alive

"

A woman was told that she had suffered a miscarriage only to find that her baby was still alive a month later.

Catherine Kent, 27, and her partner Kevin Gray, 28, were devastated when they were told that their unborn baby had died at eight weeks and she was offered an abortion or pills to shorten the miscarriage.

But Catherine chose to wait for the baby to pass naturally - and a month later she was stunned when a scan revealed that her child was still alive.

The couple were delighted that their baby was still alive but furious that the the hospital, the Sunderland Royal Hospital, had made a mistake that had caused them so much grief.

Catherine said: "What if I had taken the tablets they offered me? They could have left my baby severely disabled, or it could have died?"

I'm not sure if I would have cried or screamed. Either way, I would thank God my baby is healthy.